Here’s a quick list of questions we entertain quite often.
(60 seconds is a stretch unless you read fast!)
10. What is probate anyways?
The court process of paying off debts and distributing assets to a decedent’s heirs.
9. My husband just died. Do I need to probate the house?
If it was your homestead and you were on the deed, then no. If you weren’t on the deed, yes. There are potentially a half dozen answers to this question – contact us!
8. Isn’t probate in Florida just like any other state? Aren’t there just a few forms to fill out?
That was 2 questions. Yes and No – it’s not ever that easy. Anyone who tells you otherwise won’t be there when something goes wrong.
7. Do I really need an attorney?
If you’re the personal representative (executor), then yes.
6. I took care of mom in her last year. Can I get reimbursed?
Maybe. But I’m sure mom didn’t charge you for childcare when you turned 18!
5. I have 3 siblings. Dad told me he wanted me to have the house. There’s no will though.
If there’s no will, he probably didn’t want you to have it that badly! (just joshin’)
4. Is a copy of the Will good enough?
3. How do I contest a Will?
You call a Florida probate litigator. We don’t do Will contests.
2. How long does probate in Florida take?
Depends on the size of the estate, the number of creditors and the efficiency of the probate court.
1. How much do you charge for probate?
How much do you have? Just kidding – see our sample Florida probate fees schedule.