Information for Referring Attorneys
Why bring on another attorney?
Over the last few years, I have received many requests to assist other attorneys and their clients on Florida probate matters. Typically, referring attorneys practice other areas of law but receive requests for probate assistance from their clients. Other attorneys may draft simple wills on occasion but do not have time to actually administer the probate estates. I have received requests from attorneys who primarily practice:
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death (which typically requires the opening of an estate in formal administration)
- Foreclosure Defense
- Consumer Debt Advocacy & Bankruptcy
- Criminal Defense
I also work with other Probate Attorneys
Interestingly enough, I have worked with other probate attorneys who need assistance managing their caseload. Over the last couple of years, we pared down our focus and we are dedicated to Florida probate and estate matters. This adjustment forced us to streamline our procedures to be as efficient as possible. As a result, most of our probate cases are closed much faster than clients expect.
Whatever the reason, I am happy to chat with attorneys seeking co-counsel arrangements pursuant to the fee division rules of the Florida Bar.
Types of Probate Matters that I take
As a general rule, my office does not take contested matters requiring or anticipating litigation. There are a handful of exceptions. Note that the mere existence of a creditor does not necessarily require litigation. Otherwise, we handle:
- Summary Administration
- Formal Administration
- Homestead Determinations (in probate matters)
- Foreign Will Proceedings
I will call you!
If you are interested in exploring a co-counseling arrangement, please call me or click here to schedule a consultation.
Need reasons to contact us?
How about 600 of them?
- We have helped over 600 clients effectively and efficiently handle their probate cases.
- It’s a completely free, zero-obligation, 20-minute phone consultation.
- You’ll find out ASAP if probate is even necessary.
- We try to give everyone a workable solution for their specific case (including solutions that don’t require an attorney).
- Fill out the form and you automatically get a free copy of our probate ebook (see more below).
INSTANT DOWNLOAD: Understanding Florida Probate Law
In addition to setting up your free phone consultation, you’ll also receive a free copy to our popular ebook, “Understanding Florida Probate Law” (downloaded over 5,000 times since 2008). Inside you’ll learn more about:
- Types of probate
- Real world probate scenarios
- When probate makes sense
Here’s what to expect:
- Fill out this form and you’ll receive an immediate confirmation email
- Typically, within one (1) business day, an attorney will review your submission and prepare for a consultation
- If a short email response will do, an attorney will reply directly to you.
- If your case calls for a full consultation (and quote), an attorney will reach out to you.
- If you aren’t available to talk, we will happily reschedule!
- After your consultation, the attorney will issue you a quote!
- We offer Flat Fees on all uncontested matters!
Hear a brief welcome clip from Long.